Omaha, NE—In an interview with News Channel Nebraska State Sen. Bob Krist—looking to launch an independent run for governor—says he turned down an offer from the Nebraska Democratic Party.
News Channel Nebraska: The Democrats in Nebraska don’t have a current candidate for governor. If the Democratic Party comes to you and says join us, will you?
Krist: They have and I said I can’t.
Other questions (see full interview above)
- Did he ask Democrats not to run anyone?
- The GOP tried to kick him out, is he bitter?
- Is he concerned about ‘spoiling’ the race and electing a Democrat?
- How much money does he need to win?
- Is there still a chance he won’t run?
Krist plans to run on a still-to-be determined independent party label— putting him on the ballot in November, 2018—requiring 5,000 petition signatures.
He also plans to hold a statewide ‘listening tour’ next month.