New Crematorium Installed at Norfolk's Transfer Station

NORFOLK -- It’s a little known service that the City of Norfolk provides. For $40, a deceased pet can be incinerated at the Water Pollution Control Plant/Transfer Station with its ashes returned ... Read More

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Wild-West-like crime called “cattle rustling” appears to have resurfaced. Authorities say three Omaha residents are suspected of stealing cattle from Northeast Nebraska and Western Iowa. Fifty-seven-year-old Ervin Jaco... Read More

MADISON - At-risk youth who get suspended or removed from school will soon have a new place to go in Norfolk. The Madison County Board of Commissioners Tuesday agreed to lease space in The Centrum building on Fourth Street in Norfolk to host a juv... Read More

NELIGH - The trial of a woman accused of stealing from the Village of Oakdale has been delayed. Thirty-one year old Megan Brandt appeared in Antelope County District Court Wednesday. District Judge Mark Johnson approved a motion to continue the tr... Read More

NELIGH - A Boone County man is avoiding additional jail time, but is facing fines for his involvement in a cattle-theft scheme in Antelope County. Twenty-seven year old Benjamin Johnson of St. Edward was sentenced to five years of probation and gi... Read More

WASHINGTON (AP) — Herding cattle. Counting fish. Taking an animal's temperature. Applying pesticides. The president of the National Farmers Union says that when it comes to drones, "your imagination can go pretty wild in terms of what would be p... Read More

COLUMBUS - A Columbus man facing felony child abuse charges is making his first appearance in court Wednesday morning. Court documents state that 24 year-old Ryan Roberts appeared before Platte County Court Wednesday morning at 10:30 A.M. Rober... Read More

NORFOLK - Buzzer beaters are starting to become a nightly occurrence in Northeast Nebraska. Norfolk Catholic had two on Tuesday night. The Knights played host to the O'Neill Eagles, coming into the contest 7-9 on the year. David Engelhaupt kick... Read More

NORFOLK - Northeast Community College's president is speaking out against a measure that would lower the amount of property taxes community colleges could levy. Dr. Michael Chipps testified in Lincoln Monday against LB144, a bill by Sen. Al Davis ... Read More

NORFOLK - When it comes to using the three roundabouts in Norfolk, some folks may find themselves confused. Officer Sean Soderberg of the Norfolk Police Division first explains the steps of properly entering and exiting the two-lane roundabout on ... Read More

WAYNE - The blizzard affecting New England may be hundreds of miles away, but it is affecting a Northeast Nebraska college. Officials at Wayne State College say that they've had to delay their search for a new school president because of travel re... Read More